Hawksong (The Kiesha'ra #1) by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes Review



Series: The Kiesha'ra #1
Publisher: Laurel Leaf Library
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Shapeshifters, Fantasy
Release Date: September 28, 2004 
Pages: 243

Goodreads Summary

DANICA SHARDAE IS an avian shapeshifter, and the golden hawk’s form in which she takes to the sky is as natural to her as the human one that graces her on land. The only thing more familiar to her is war: It has raged between her people and the serpiente for so long, no one can remember how the fighting began. As heir to the avian throne, she’ll do anything in her power to stop this war—even accept Zane Cobriana, the terrifying leader of her kind’s greatest enemy, as her pair bond and make the two royal families one.


Trust. It is all Zane asks of Danica—and all they ask of their people—but it may be more than she can give.


My Review

Hawksong is a favorite of mine, I had read it a couple of months ago from my library and loved it and so I decided to buy myself a copy. Hawksong is about Danica Shardae an avian shapeshifter and heir to the throne whose people have been at war with the serpiente shapeshifters for so long that war is all they know but Danica wants to change that she wants peace. Lucky for her Zane the heir to the throne of the sepriente line wants that as well and so they both decide that the only way for peace is to join the two royal families together which for them unfortunately mean's marrying each other.

Before I talk about the character development first I'd first like to say how authentic and real Amelia made the two cultures (avian and serpiente) seem and how different they were from each other. On one hand the avian's were reserved and held their emotions in check while the serpiente's let their emotions show and were the complete opposite of the avian's which is probably also one of the factors of why they hated each other so much. I loved learning about both of their cultures because they were so different from each other it's one of the reasons why I was just completely pulled into their world.

Now on to Danica the heir to the avian throne,  I found her to be a strong character but she's had to be since her whole family line was killed in the war against the serpiente's, she's the only remaining heir apart from her mother. So, I understand perfectly why she's so cold and distant to Zane even though his family was killed as well. Although, she was cold she did grow to care for and love Zane so she did have a character development really slowly but it was there.

Zane is a whole other story he completely through me off he would be kind to Danica but on other occasions he could be very hurtful but so could she, so I accepted it. Zane was such a tease and I loved him for it, he made Danica blush a lot which was hilarious at least to me. I seriously loved him he was just so hot and lovable that I'm having a nosebleed just talking about him!

If you're looking for a compelling book that you'll read so quickly you'd wish it was longer then read this!

Rating: 4 stars

Comments

Popular Posts