Redemption (Redemption #1) by R.K. Ryals Review


Goodreads | Amazon

Series: Redemption #1
Publisher: CreateSpace
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Fantasy, Romance, Horror
Release Date: October 11, 2011
Pages: 340

Goodreads Summary

“The Time has come when He will come looking. She is ready. I have faith in her. She is her father’s daughter. She carries my blood. And I will never forgive myself for feeding her to the wolves.” ~Bezaliel from Redemption~

Dayton Blainey is a foul-mouthed, grief stricken teenager forced to live with a religiously eccentric aunt she barely knows following the death of her parents. Often upstaged by her moral older sister, Amber, Dayton is often flung into the shadows. Little does she know that there is more to her than meets the eye.

When Dayton's Wiccan best friend, Monroe, sees a vision outside Dayton's bedroom window, a catalyst of events is set in motion that will change Dayton's life forever. She is faced with one major question: Who is she?

Dayton and her friends discover the truth behind this question is so much bigger than anyone ever imagined.

Redemption is the suspenseful story of one young woman who must disentangle herself from a web of lies endangering her soul, and who discovers an attraction to a mysterious stranger that may just kill her.

My Review

Redemption is a favorite of mine and I just can't seem to ever get over it! It's one of those books that stays in your favorite's list forever. Everything in this book was just amazing, the plot, the characters, and even the slow building romance. It's such an amazing book and I still can't believe that its free on Amazon.

Dayton Blainey (the protagonist) is by far my favorite character, she's just so hilarious! Even in the midst of danger, she manages to keep her sarcasm and sass. Her potty mouth and dark humor just make me love her so much! I loved being in her head and seeing things through her point of view. The things she found out and the betrayal she felt was so heart wrenching but she managed to make the best of it and make me laugh along the way. She's such an amazing girl that I cannot stop myself from loving her outrageous nature. By the way I also loved her relationship with her friend's Monroe and Connor, they were just awesome together, there was never a dull moment you could tell that they truly cared for each other.

Marcas the HOT demon love interest was just my kind of guy. He wasn't the brooding type or the kind type. He's been living for god knows how long so he doesn't show much emotion and the little emotion that he did show he hid it well (though not well enough since Dayton did catch him). And I know what your thinking, how can I love him when he doesn't really show emotion but the thing is his past is enough for me, he's had such a horrible life being a demon and all, even in the romance department he truly has no one. But Dayton changed that even though she did annoy the hell out of him (see what I did there) and he felt like throttling her, she made him feel something other than anger (though there was a lot of that).

The romance was truly my favorite part, Dayton and Marcas despised each other and I get why since they were basically forced together in a bond that neither wanted because of Marcas' brother Damon. And I admit at times Marcas was a complete jerk but he still protected Dayton even when they were angry at each other, he had his priorities straight. Which is why the romance was very slow and although they grew to care for each other little by little, I loved it because it wasn't just attraction with them and they both knew that this wasn't the time for romance. Plus I loved how they annoyed and teased each other it was truly a sight to behold or read in this case. I loved it when they bickered and exasperated each other, I got a good laugh out of it.

The journey they had to take in order to get unbound was truly one heck of a ride. And they weren't alone either Monroe and Connor, Dayton's best friends were there too which just added more trouble and hilarity to the journey. I especially loved the airplane scene! My favorite scene of the whole book! Althouth the journey hasn't ended it's just beginning! I truly loved this book in all its entirety!

This book had it all! Action, adventure, suspense, demons, and romance! Give this book a chance! You won't be disappointed!

Rating: 4 stars

Comments

  1. I love your review!! Adding this to my TBR. I hope I love it as much as you do! (:

    Pearl @ AsteriskPearl's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe I haven't heard of this before! Sounds really interesting so thanks for bringing it to my attention and great review :) glad you love it, I hope I do as well!

    Most recent post on Enchanted by YA: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.com/2015/02/review-fallen-fallen-1-by-lauren-kate.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts